- medieval fortification – XIII – XV century
- Roman thermae – II – VI century A.D.
- Drobeta roman camp– VI century A.D.
- Roman Emperor Trajan Bridge – II century A.D.
- medieval church ruins –XIII – XIV century.
The Project has developed the following stages:
- rehabilitation of the sub-structure of the Portile de Fier Region Museum building ( total construction surface 6900 m2) and of the building of Art Section (total construction 1478 m2) and transforming the sub-structure into a multi-functional (total construction surface 1900 m2) for exhibitions and conference hall, sound and video system included
- construction of a information and documentation center of 245 m2 near the medieval fortress
- consolidation/restoration of the Roman ruins (Roman camp, Bridge, Thermae)
- restoring the medieval towers and the other buildings
- construction of a new Roman Theatre with 730 seats and surface of 1235m2
- consolidation and restoring the Gothic church
- construction of an annex pavilion of 360 m2 and demolishing the 3 existing annexes
- construction of a tower 13 m with elevator, of a 15 m bridge length and a belvedere platform of 144 m2
- construction of a road for visitors in the museum and ruins precincts, with a path, resting places, lighting system, benches and informing posters
- rehabilitation of the museum access road, including alleys, cliffs – 1430 m2 , road- 500m2, fountain and green areas
- construction and rehabilitation of the utilities (electricity, water, sewerage, heating).
- feasibility study
- technical specifications
- detail engineering
- consultancy during bidding period
- consultancy during construction works.
Country and location:
Romania, Drobeta – Turnu Severin city, Mehedinti county
Mehedinti City Council
Start/Completion date (commissioning):
Construction works: 2010
Estimated finish: 2014