In this study was analyzed a solution to reduce the SO2 from flue gases exhausted into air, indicated in pre-feasibility study, taking into account technical possibilities of implementing in Power Plant general plan.
Technology of reducing SO2 from flue gases chosen was semi-dry desulphurization, utilizing lime as absorbent substance.
One unit of desulphurization is composed of:
- two reactors, in which take place SO2 absorption process;
- one mixer, in which take place humidification process of absorbent substance;
- one installation for collecting end-product from desulphuration process;
- supply system with absorbent substance necessary SO2 reducing process;
- evacuation system of resulted end-product from desulphuration process.
- feasibility study.
Estimated technical performances:
- in present, SO2 emission from flue gases exhausted in air, through stacks range between 3000-3500 mg/m3N, for 6 % oxygen content in dry flue gases, this means about 10 times more than legal limits for power plants type I;
- FGD erection at the power units of 210 MW of Mintia TPP leads to reducing SO2 emissions at limit values established by Romanian and UE legislation.
Estimated economic efficiency:
- SO2 emissions after FGD implementation are much lower than in case without FGD. This leads to economy expenses with environment taxes and to continuous operation after transition period, according to our country commitments in environment field.
Country and location:
Romania, Hunedoara county, Deva
SC ELECTROCENTRALE DEVA SA
Start / Completion date:
Start designing works: September 2006
Finish designing works: November 2006