Cogeneration Power Plant rated 860MWe in Petrobrazi is designed by ISPE according to the standards in force for combined-cycles and is comprised of two cogeneration units rated about 310 MWe each ( gas turbine type PG 9371FB and steam recovery boiler without additional combustion) and a steam turbine rated about 305 MWe with surface condenser.
The power plant is designed for 20 years lifecycle.
The power produced, with low costs and significant efficiency, will supply primarily the necessities of Petrom S.A. company and the excess will be sold on the energy free market.
The annual operation hours will be 8.000 h, with global efficiency in maximum cogeneration regime of 65,26 %, and a total annual availability of approximately 92%.
The fuel used in the cogeneration power plant is natural gas.
The flue gases exhaustion coming from the two cogeneration units (gas turbines and recovery boilers) will be made through individual stacks of 70 meters high
For power plant start-up and auxiliary services, when the plant base installations do not operate, there has been provided an auxiliary steam boiler.
The power evacuation to the power grid will be made through Brazi station located at about 2,5 km of the plant.
The Construction Permit for the new power plant is number 23 and has been obtained on February the 5th 2009.
The project signed by ISPE and Greek Compnay METKA, has been structured in four stages:
- stage I: Elaboration of documentation for Permits
- stage II: Elaboration of Project for Construction Permit (PAC) and for Firefighting Permit
- stage III: Elaboration of documentation for Basic Design for Civil works, Architecture, Indoor Installation, site preparation for the civil works, roads and platforms, underground piping networks
- stage IV: Execution Works for civil works.
Estimated technical performances:
- power characteristics
- power plant installed capacity (MWe) – Nominal Regime – 925 – Maximum Regime – 1020
- thermal power (MWt) – Nominal Regime – 85 – Maximum Regime – 150.
Country and location:
The location of the new combined-cycle cogeneration power plant rated 860 MW is western side precincts of Petrobrazi Refinery, in Prahova county, Romania; it covers lots 68 and 72 and the dimensions are approximately 430m x 270m.
METKA BRAZI SRL
March 2008 – March 2011